View Single Post
      05-29-2023, 01:13 PM   #63
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You're a better man than me, how it was listed CPO is quite something.
Yep. CPO is joke and the CPO process is superficial at best. I was expecting to get a Porsche free from mechanical defects if it's CPO'd, but that is certainly not the case. Granted, the headliner didn't start to fall until 6 months after owning the car. It was another thing I figured I'd have to fix at some point because it happens too all 987 Caymans. The repair is easy for a DIYer and about $100 in materials. CPO doesn't cover falling headliners as Porsche views it as "wear and tear" LOL.

So far the things missed by CPO:

1) Heavily worn clutch with a bent pressure plate finger and failing OEM flywheel.

2) Torn engine mount that could be felt.

3) Cracked AOS to MAF vent line, no hard to miss considering the oil residue in the area of the crack.

4) Destroyed front strut bump stops, easily observable when they removed the wheels to inspect the brakes.

5) Leaking belt tensioner.

Everything else I've done to the car is preventative maintenance.

I'm certain the front and top engine covers were never removed during the CPO inspection.