View Single Post
      05-17-2023, 02:05 PM   #56
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
You'd be wrong. That is some Porsche owners.

But I've been to plenty of track days (and some rallies) filled with Porschephiles who drive their cars hard, more than most BMW drivers.
I'd agree that there some, like the Boxster owner I met yesterday and the ones I've met a local track, but most I've come across aren't willing to really hustle their cars at all for fear of putting miles on them, get a ding, much less having the skills to drive their car even at 5/10, or turn a bolt I'm talking about many of the guys with more expensive $60K+ Porsches. Someone like myself with a $30K base model low hp Porsche is often looked down upon. I'm fine with that. The guys I can relate to are those that can wrench, drive, and talk shop. I'm not into Cars and Coffee stuff where people just stand around their cars and talk about how rare their color combo is. Too dorky for me. Too much money and not much substance. Same could be said for many groups but Porsche owners seem to be some of the worst offenders. I'd rather be in a garage wrenching and drinking beer with other car guys or out on a B road moving at a brisk, but safe pace with good drivers.

Last edited by XutvJet; 05-17-2023 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 1