Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonLuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft_LaudM235i View Post
Sooooo, my charge pipe blew again!! This time had the car brought over to Vista in Pompano Beach. Was helped out by Frank who had the car back to me in less than 24hrs with no resistance at all. Only issue was I noticed my Dinantronics harness wiring was not put back exactly the way it was. Fortunately the great folks over at Foreign Affairs in Pompano sorted that for me when I added the DINAN resonator delete to my exhaust. I will most likely get an aftermarket charge pipe when I am out of warranty.
Do they have any idea what caused it? Also, I just picked up a 14 with about 40k miles. Is there anything like piping, that I should replace for future-proofing?
The plastic charge pipe in the n55 is known to crack under boost. Pushing the car more han stock (with jb4 or flash tune) makes them even more prone to failure but I'm pretty sure they break even in stock boost.
Get a metal aftermarket one and there is nothing else to worry about. I broke one and I know people that have gone through 2-3 before finally getting an aftermarket one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0