View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 07:50 AM   #7
KB34
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by qJai View Post
Read alot about this on the m3 and f30 forums.

Basically, opening up the muffler and sealing the holes in chamber 1 and 3 and resealing. People reported it sounded like a slightly louder MPE.

Anyone try this?
Basically by doing this, you're only getting a muffler delete.

If I am understanding correctly you mean the holes in the pipes in the muffler that are surrounded by fiberglass. This is where the muffling comes from. So by doing this you remove any muffling there is. The only thing the "housing" of the muffler is doing at that point is changing the frequency. Seems like a lot of labor for basically a muffler delete. May be a little quieter than a straight delete though due to the frequency change our ears will perceive it differently, but I wouldn't expect it to be too much quieter. The reason it sounds so different on the M3, etc is because they have a large resonator in the muffler.

I don't know if you have to have a stock looking muffler where you're from to register, pass inspection, etc. But if you don't I think the muffler delete would be better, because the labor will be a lot compared to a straight delete.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=13

My Other Cars: '18 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack; '78 Pontiac Trans Am 455

Future Cars: '19 RTR Mustang Ecoboost
Appreciate 0