View Single Post
      05-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #106
White Lightnin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i cv

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lightnin View Post
I mistakenly ordered the wrong Eton speakers through Amazon. The only Etons they list are model B100T. I didn't realize at the time that my M235i requires the B100W. I emailed Thorsten at Extreme Audio in Germany, the Eton distributor, asking if the B100T would work in my car. I have since researched the difference and found that they have different methods of mounting and will not work. Unfortunately, I got a not very helpful response as follows:

Hello,

you have to try, there can work.

The Only difference is the Mounting deepth.

regards
Thorsten Immekus

I have made a request through Amazon to return the speakers. That request goes to Extreme Audio for their approval. Hope so, cause , if not, I am stuck with $239 useless speakers + $35 in shipping charges. Just be careful and don't make the same mistake.

Where you guys getting the Eton B100W's?

By the way, disconnected the center channel and it made a drastic improvement.
Well, they approved the return which costs $54 thru USPS. Fedex wanted $124 but it only costs $35 shipping via Fedex FROM Germany. So I've wasted $85 because I didn't pay attention to one digit in the model #. Now I must spend another $35 if I want to re-order for a total of $120. Not sure it's worth it. All my own fault though.
Appreciate 0