View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Well, I'll say that the cold start issue didn't occur on days of extreme temperature. This was about a month ago when the days were a little warmer, but it was the morning, and I'm parked in a garage when I start. The temperatures wouldn't have been too high (or low).

ScottSinger If it were only the cold start issue, I might chalk it up to what others have proposed in other threads, like a bad batch of gas or even deposits left over time (the car has 70k miles). But I'm also having that power delivery issue when I give and let off the throttle. It's not severe, but noticeable pretty much all the time, and that's been going on for at least 60k miles. That wouldn't just be bad gas, and more and more I'm thinking it's either an air delivery issue or a fuel delivery issue.

My concern is that the car won't have thrown any codes at all, and the techs are going to throw their hands up. That's what happened at the dealership when it was under warranty and I repeatedly got nowhere on the throttle issue. Cold start issue is new, so maybe a code will be there, but I'm not optimistic given the history.
Appreciate 0