View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 06:04 AM   #13
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post
@arhoads335i Apologize for the ignorance, but what is HPFP?

335xi Beast I did speak with my local shop and the guy said there could be codes stored from this happening, even if the check engine light never came on. So I guess there's history there when they plug it up and read codes? My shop is a small local one called Revolution Motor Works, here in Maryland. Started by two former BMW techs. Only been going for about a year, but they've been helpful. The guy I spoke with yesterday had to "check on that" several times with my questions, where he'd put me on hold and ask someone else, so that wasn't great. But otherwise it's been ok. They said they'd want me to leave the car overnight so they could do a cold start in the morning while it's hooked up. I think that's a fine plan, but it's only happening maybe one out of every 7-10 starts, so I'm not sure they'll get what they need.

Of course, I can put up with some weird cold starts. But if this problem is related to the driving problem I've had for 68,000 miles where the car doesn't seem to receive and give back throttle very cleanly, sometimes lurching or shuddering, now I'm very interested.
High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP). Keep us posted on what your tech finds wrong with your car. My tech at AKTIV-Gaithersburg just replaced my wife's HPFP on her 550xi but that's a known problem on these cars. Let us know … curious to see how it works out.
Appreciate 0