View Single Post
      06-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #103
Devil doc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
Wow, these wheels really open up the visuals of the rotors and calipers! Def a good looking design that, I have not seen on 2 series before. Once you get the tires cleaned and blackend, add center caps and these are really gonna pop even more.

5mm up front looks pretty flush! Ill have the Bilstein b16 coilovers with these, so I'm a bit anxious to see how they will fit with the car having some height lowered.

Did the tirerack sensors work without issue? Is there anything we need to do when pairing a new set of sensors?
I agree in regards to the brake visuals, they are way more visible now which is now going to force me to clean up the rust around the rotors I’m actually looking to buy a set of 370/380mm front calipers to really make the wheels pop.

I don’t think you’ll have issues with the b16s (I’m not sure how much larger they are over the oem strut), but I doubt they will contact the wheel/tire with a 5mm spacer; As far as the sensors, I was planning on running the new ones but the installer talked me into reusing the original ones, and since he offered to swap them out from the original wheel set at no cost, I ended up reusing the oem tpms in the new wheels, and placing the new tpms ones in the old wheel set.

The installer did tell me about the new tpms needing to be coded (100$ fee), but I’m not sure how accurate is that information, but I do have a scanner tool That allows for some coding/resets so I didn’t care too much for the coding part if it was indeed needed.

Last edited by Devil doc; 06-20-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0