View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 08:39 AM   #15
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Truth is, you're never going to enjoy driving the car the way it was meant to be driven on U.S. roadways with any consistency! Because it is not Germany (Autobahns)... Without exceeding limits arbitrarily placed upon roads (think desert highway)... Anyways...

But yes, for now, enjoy the gap in enforcement of speed limits! And honestly, I drive fairly agressive always, regardless, but I took a little spin yesterday morning and was amazed at all the Mario's (Andretti) out there suddenly, lolzzz

Anyways, I trust my eyes, and my Uniden as well, I trust my skills and my BMW more! Is scary how stable today's cars are at such speeds. I remember the days when hitting 120mph+ was like riding the Coney island roller coaster, you hoped it all worked out! Hahahaha, could hear and feel the car straining. These things today purrrrrr and grip/are planted very well. Only thing I'd feel more comfortable with is a cage, that's all . I live where there's hills and many a twisting roads, is awesome being able to open it up a bit. A few weeks ago roads were completely empty, now many have caught on and are out for rides, so I'm not able to open it up too much as before. Maddening too, is the Sunday joy Rider out there who feels just drifting along -20mph under the limit is ok and everyone behind them should do the same! Best thing about driving in Germany was the culture of tolerance and how drivers weren't idiots in the proportion it exists here, lol! That all said...

Have fun, be careful, but above all, enjoy!
Yes people are catching on! Every evening I go out someone wants to race about. In all honesty I indulged this in the in the beginning but seems like it might be getting a bit much, and care is warranted.
Appreciate 0