View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
Cabrio330
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i F23

I have a 2017 M240i and an Android phone (Samsung S9). I was getting texts and emails via, I believe, the BMW Connected app. I am guessing a bit here because every time I started the car, my phone would open the app which then requires a PIN or fingerprint to start the app fully. Then notifications would appear in the upper right corner of the center display. I only had this app because I'd heard about it when I bought my 2015 X5. Usability was negligible for that car so I just ignored the app until I got the M240i and noticed it again.

Because I seldom actually used this feature, I just noticed the other day that the app stopped automatically opening when starting the car. Your post prompted me to check the app. It appears I just had to reaccept the app's terms and policies, again. Maybe now it will open automatically next time I start the car...?

Anyway, don't know if any of this is helpful to you. I am not very tech-savvy, so not sure I can offer any more help. Shout if you have specific questions, happy to research using my phone and car.
Appreciate 0