03-08-2021, 10:58 PM   #15
1slow2_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Yup, all that with the typical FBO mods (300-cell HJS to keep things quieter, and Evo3 Comp for the track). Stock LPFP.

Drivability is a freaking blast. Super fast spool and can spin my 285s in 3rd when doing logs. Coupled with THOR DCT tune in my case (xHP for you guys), and I’ve never loved my car more. MDM is now very much your friend around town.

I do wish it would rev full power to redline, but I’m learning to shift early to stay in the tune’s power band with the smaller turbo. IDK if I’m willing to trade fast spool for more power (PS2), but it’d be nice to feel/try the difference both around town and on track.

My Dinan turbo is a relic of my old Stage 4 Dinan setup, and this tune with proper fueling absolutely destroys my old full Dinan package.
Yeah man, even stock these BMWs are quite rowdy. I couldn't imagine one with a bigger turbo. Does THOR modify shift points like xHP cause I know xHP has a feature for that. PS2 seems to be the most followed turbo on these forums and I can see why. Would you say you've maxed out your dinan turbo running E50 with a stage 1 hpfp?

Im gonna try the bm3 stage 2 e30 map within the next week as I heard ethanol really wakes the car up. I have an ethanol tester kit that I have yet to use so that should be helpful when calculating mixture. Any tips besides trying to get a good mixture calculation?
Appreciate 0