View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 11:32 PM   #2
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

I've only gotten on track at Thermal Club for a BMW Performance Center Event. And what a place!? Getting a membership there or at Spring Mountain in Nevada is the If-I'm-Ever-Rich country club dream.

I had planned on hitting Thunderhill this year in my own car, but the pandemic delayed that. I'm also near to Laguna Seca and Sonoma as places I'd like to try in the future, but I'm still getting my feet wet and want to stick to one track til I actually learn it and get faster.

Reno-Fernley Raceway, my closest track, fell into disrepair years ago and has been slowly working its way back to relevance, rebuilding community ties, paving short sections of the course, etc. Hopefully next year they'll have at least one of the loops in good enough condition to justify sending nice cars on grip runs instead of just drift cars shredding their second-hand tires on the cheese-grater surface.

As far as sim racing goes, Circuit of the Americas and Road Atlanta are my favorites. They have really technical bits that will make or break your run on the subsequent high speed zones.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 1
dradernh4411.50