11-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #24
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
This is a great thread, although I am having some difficulty comprehending the math! - I have a 228i M sport package that came with H&R 1" drop springs, and while it looks great, it is extremely impractical for where I live. I have also read on here that lowering the car in the 1" + zone can be brutal on the stock shocks so I'm eager to bring it back to stock height.

having a guy send me over some used OEM springs out of a M240i with sport package/adaptive suspension. (hoping it's basically all the same components on both cars)

Anyone have some spring rates for 228i m sport springs vs 235i/240i? -- is the heavier front end of the i6 version going to mean my 228i will be a bit higher in the front when I put those springs in or will it be negligible?
The M240i has different springs than the 228i M-Sport, both front and rear. The M240i's springs are quite a bit stiffer by like 50% in the front and 30% in the rear.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1