Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloelectro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58togo View Post
I have an ER catless DP and Remus axle back, along with stock midpipe (two OEM resonators). It sounds sick. I have the valve disabled, and honestly, it's still not that loud until I get on it in Sport +. Zero drone as well.
Would love to go catless but don't wanna worry about CEL without tune. I heard O2 spacers can be finicky.
What's your realistic budget? Cause a high flow cat is putting you at $1000+ just for the part alone. You're asking for setups that I think aren't lining up with what you're willing to pay. Not trying to be a Debby downer but you should really consider what you want to pay vs what you can afford and what you're going to regret doing because you went the cheaper route.
I'm looking at MAX $2000 but that's including an intake. I would rather pay less if possible obviously. I originally wanted to go with a Remus catback, and actually placed an order through **********s but they informed me of a delay right after receiving my down payment so I cancelled the order. I want a nice setup that doesnt drone. I value the quality of sound over the volume any day. Do not plan on tuning and it looks like a lot of people are having issues suppressing CELs for catless downpipe... So i'm looking for either catted downpipe, midpipe, or axleback, or some sort of combination of of downpipe midpipe or midpipe axleback etc. **** Side note that is completely unrelated but if anyone has any input it will be greatly appreciated. I have a 2020 m240i and notice that it burbles a lot more than videos online from other years. My car did come with an "m performance package" which I didn't know came with the cars. It included a matte front splitter, carbon trunk lip and black mirrors. As well as side skirt decal. Not sure if that has anything to do with it... Because of all the burbles, I'm afraid of going too loud haha.
You're going to get lots of different answers as sound desire is super subjective but at $2k you are already limited to certain things. Even more so if your paying for labor.

M240i axle back alone is going to run you 1500$ ish. Remus, Dinan whatever.

A midpipe is adding $600.

Your DP if you want to avoid headache of cel avoidance requires a high flow DP which will be $1000-1200.

If you went catless and did a BM3 tune your still paying $400 for DP and $600 for tune just to code out the error. Or go the spacer route which you've already ruled out.

Or paying a labor fee every year you need to swap to pass the emissions test.

Add in the intake and your $300-600 more on top of your budget.

If just sound is all you care about. Forget the DP. Get the Dinan midpipe and a AP intake. Lots of swooshes and enhanced exhaust farts. It's a great starter setup.

You'll be at around 800-900$.

If your trying to get more custom, then stretch your budget or save up before dropping your cash stash.

For a car as expensive as a m240i, it's well worth not trying to be frugal. Not saying don't be cost conscious just know your driving a car with a premium applied! BMW has a tax on everything lol. Way of the beast.

If you want pure sound and not obnoxiousness you need to consider things that are going to give you this but it's not always going to be the cheaper route :

Catless DP = $400 (more sound) vs
Catted highFlow DP (no cel) = $1000-1200

Midpipe: Dinan =$600 or add a cat back and your $2000+. for Remus or Dinan

Tune: $600+. The DP is doing nothing for you but sound without the tune. Also your car is not well equipped to manage the variables of the DP which some may argue will damage your car if you don't do a tune that accounts for the DP.

Basically you need to decide which is more important: cost, sound, performance. Than build from there. Your original post seems to elude to you not being totally sure of what you want (not a bad thing, ''tis why you ask around!) If your budget is limiting you, don't do it u less you can properly scale. Save a little longer and get the right combo. It sucks going back to the drawing board haha!

All that said this is my opinion:

Option 1: sound
AP intake + Dinan midpipe

Option 2: sound
Remus Catback

Option 3: sound + power + no cel
Remus Catback, CG-precision DS-1 downpipe, BM3 stage 1/2 tune.
Appreciate 2