Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloelectro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
Hey all, hope you're having a great holiday season if you are celebrating. I was wondering if anyone could help direct me on which exhaust solution is the best for my needs? I drive a 2020 M240i coupe. Would like to be loud when I want, but quieter in the morning and night so valves are preferred. I'm considering running stock exhaust with a cat-less dp, a full valved catback exhaust like remus, or just dinan midpipe. Mainly looking for a louder WOT and pops and bangs instead of burbles. If any of you are running any of these setups, plus let me know the pros and cons. Thanks all!
My setup right now. I have burbles disabled. But with BM3 you can make them pretty aggressive.

Dinan Intake, CG Precision DS-1 downpipe, Dinan midpipe and Remus axleback. I wish I did full Remus exhaust but already had the Dinan midpipe.

Damn haha. Were the revs in sport plus? Where are the burbles? Not sure I am willing to mix and match so many parts, It gets expensive that way. I want to do intake and downpipe, but I don't plan on tuning and don't want a cel. Dinan midpipe and agency power intake is what i'm leaning towards right now. That would cost about $800, where as a catback would cost upwards of $2k...
Not really mixing that many parts. You're going to have a different brand DP. The midpipe is literally a straight pipe with no resonators either way. Though the video doesn't give best representation trust me when I tell you it's LOUD. Lol. There are lots of nice overrun sounds and bangs when going between gears.

Synthetic burbles are kind of pointless if you ask me. There is a point where they get on your nerves and sound repetitive, especially once you get a sound you like from the exhaust.

If you're only looking to only do an intake and midpipe your sound is limited. A high flow downpipe is not going to throw a cel. But your budget isn't going to give you that. I started with a midpipe and really enjoyed it, but based on your original post I can pretty much guarantee you will want more lol.
Appreciate 1
kianf2264.00