Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
I was born and raised in the Midwest, so I do happen to know what this thing called snow is. The edges on my BMW all-weather mats are more than sufficient. The carpet goes much higher than the edge of the mats anyway, so the higher edge of the Weathertech mat isn't going to help at all if you are really going to smash your snow-packed shoes against the side of the floor area.
WeatherTech fan here. Until we changed our lifestyle to never experience snow again, we had WeatherTech in every car we had in Michigan winters. I don't understand the "smashing" against the side of the floor area. We always sat down and before turning legs into the car, knocked our feet together to drop off as much snow as possible. With that and the WeatherTech raised edge mats, our carpet underneath always looked like new after several years. No other mats before helped contain the normal remaining drippings/melting, especially traceable by the white salt crust which used to surround the mats on the carpet before finding WeatherTech. But, never found any stains/marks on the sides of the footwell areas...

OTOH, I don't particularly care about the logo one way or the other.
Not saying to smash feet against side. Sorry if I was confusing. I was trying to make a point that the floor carpet runs so much higher than sides of the mats that an extra inch or two on the Weathertech mats isn't going to help you if you are already carelessly dripping excess snow against the side carpet/edge of mats. If you knock off all the snow before you fully enter the car, any leftover snow that melts from the bottom of your foot is never going to fill up the water retaining grooves of even the OEM mats. I've never had an issue with any manufacturer's OEM all-weather mats and still don't see the need to go aftermarket on mats personally, but to each their own. I was just adding my useless opinion and poking a little fun, because, well, it's a forum and I felt like it.