View Single Post
      07-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #23
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
I was born and raised in the Midwest, so I do happen to know what this thing called snow is. The edges on my BMW all-weather mats are more than sufficient. The carpet goes much higher than the edge of the mats anyway, so the higher edge of the Weathertech mat isn't going to help at all if you are really going to smash your snow-packed shoes against the side of the floor area.
WeatherTech fan here. Until we changed our lifestyle to never experience snow again, we had WeatherTech in every car we had in Michigan winters. I don't understand the "smashing" against the side of the floor area. We always sat down and before turning legs into the car, knocked our feet together to drop off as much snow as possible. With that and the WeatherTech raised edge mats, our carpet underneath always looked like new after several years. No other mats before helped contain the normal remaining drippings/melting, especially traceable by the white salt crust which used to surround the mats on the carpet before finding WeatherTech. But, never found any stains/marks on the sides of the footwell areas...

OTOH, I don't particularly care about the logo one way or the other.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0