View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #15
Mark184
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullins View Post
I received it rather quickly, and got it installed this weekend. If you have the 2 series with the HK kit installed, it's not easy to get the box installed. I had to remove the glovebox and install it to the left of it, in a cavity outside the head unit area. It all worked well once it was all connected up. So far, i have two issues. One, sometimes audio cuts out when in wireless carplay, going to troubleshoot this a bit... I put the antenna near the glove box, but perhaps it would be suited better closer to the driver. Second, callers when using carplay can hear themselves clearly, like an echo. This makes calls basically unusable at this point. I contacted the seller, and they said they are working on a fix, but no ETA.
Note- I also have the HK kit installed in my 2016 F23. Installation was fairly straightforward, noting that I had the two additional wires (green and black) noted on some of the YouTube videos-- they are noted as digital feeds. They needed to be moved from the original harness block and moved to the Carlink block. Other than that, plug and play. For me, there was room for the module directly beneath the head unit, but it was indeed tricky to sneak everything back in with the additional wire harness blocks.

I also had the dropout on the wireless option. I notified the seller, and they sent me a link to a firmware update that significantly helped. Still a bit of dropout every now and then, but not too bad, and if I'm on a longer trip, it's worth plugging into the USB plug from the module, for charge and audio input.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this module. I will be adding a rear camera as soon as I receive it.
Appreciate 1