04-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #58
Dirtboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
Hey Dirtboy. Why do you think that the various sites (including Crutchfield) say that this amp is only compatible with the HiFi system therefore not the M2?
In my research I have found that the head unit on our cars can be recoded. I was told that the HK coded HU has some EQ before the signal heads to the amp. Are you aware of this? It can be changed to HiFi using E-Sys or Bimmercode. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
I understand what you are saying. That it is plug and play. What I am trying to say is that the HK amp I believe puts out a different signal than the HiFi amp. This is due to different programming. I believe that the HiFi setup puts out a cleaner less adjusted signal. Therefore if you use E-sys and change your HU setup to HiFi from HK you will get better sound. There are about 6 choices btw.
It might be worth a try. You can change it back if you don't like the sound. The only slightly annoying thing is that you have to redo your presets each time you make a change!
Hopefully this is clear.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner; work has been kicking amy a$$.

Everything that I've read on the HU programming (and it hasn't been much) has said that all the "tuning" of the different systems is handled in the factory amp. I don't think there's a need to switch the HK coding to HiFi in order to get a good signal to the UP7. I left my HU coding to HK.
Appreciate 0