View Single Post
      04-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #54
selmeralto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Shadow View Post
I am certainly going to try some other pieces when time/money permits.

Regarding the Technic Active Sound harness, is this a better solution than just coding the Active Sound off do you think? I assume there is still potential for interference if you just code it off?

Also, I don't suppose you have any photos of the different areas that you've Dynamated?

Cheers.
Actually, there has been a discussion of the merits of coding v. installing the harness. I don't remember the details but the upshot was that the harness was more effective. Perhaps someone on the forum can add the details.

Regarding the Dynamat I don't have photos now but I do plan on going back in if the weather holds in about a week and a half. If I get in I'll take some photos.

In the meantime I can say that my first run at it was to Dynamat as much of the metal as I could see by just climbing in the trunk and also getting to the metal when the seats are folded down. With Dynamat you don't have to cover every square inch/centimetre. I left a few open spots near the access holes, for example. It doesn't look sensational but the only way you'd see the Dynamat would be by climbing into the trunk and looking up. It's no big deal for me - sound reduction is the prize. The rest of my Dynamatting will be concealed by the trunk covers.
Appreciate 0