View Single Post
      06-04-2016, 12:31 AM   #34
JoeyF228
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimalh View Post
The thing I have learnt is to find the best goddamn mod Guru and his/her shop. Look for the cars they mod - if you see multiple $60K+ cars being modded on a single day (sampled on 3 different days) then that is the shop for you

So my Guru said that spend the extra $600 and go with the KW Variant 3 and he told me why I should not be going with V1 and V2. I do not want to write the reasons here and upset fellow enthusiasts who own them. So I have V3s on the wife's car as well as mine. They are all set to the factory recommendation - I like that setting since I do very normal human being type driving

BUT What a difference on ride quality. Earlier - I would say the stock 228i was like a prancing horse - all over the place and I would feel scared taking curved ramps onto highways.... But now it just sticks sticks and sticks and BEHAVES. But I have to say it is due the combo of the KWs (50%), M3 Control Arms (25%) and Sway Bars (25%)

I am delaying on the PSS since I have almost there type tires which I had chosen as an option when I ordered the car. So let them wear out and then will change to PSS.
The main difference in the KW V3 is they are dual adjustable for rebound and compression, V2 is a single knob that adjusts both and V1 comes with preset damping. The V3 is a nice coilover if you know how to set it up but it's overkill for most people.

Bilstein makes a B14 PSS kit for cars without electronic suspension that will fit the OP's car and pretty reasonably priced for a quality product. I'm either getting it or the M Performance suspension when the time comes.
Appreciate 0