06-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #30
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimalh
I bought the 228i for my wife and I forgot to add the electric seats and mirrors that fold in. Have a very narrow garage wife will not touch the car. She spends her lunch break in the car so non electric seats does not work for her. Tried to sell the car, paid $40K incl taxes and dealers are offering me $28K - it has 1200 miles on it. So decided that I will drive the car instead, I was waiting for the M2.... sigh... Went to my Andrew at Sonic Motorsport and told him, make my car sexy. His shop did

1. Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
2. M3 control arms
3. KW Variant 3 coilovers
4. Active 8 tune from Active Autowerke

AND the misfortune has been turned around to an amazing car that I LOVE.

People say e46 M3 is the best M3. I matched the new numbers that I have now on the mod'd 228i - it matches exactly. Funny it even beats the weight to torque ratio of all M3 so far at 11.2 lbs per lb ft of torque.

I actually wake up and look forward to drive into the office I took a 2200 mile road trip around California and Nevada after doing the above changes and it was a treat.

Next week, will be doing per Andrew's advice
1. Evolution Raceweeks Downpipe
2. ER Charge Pipe
3. ER Intercooler
4. ER Turbo to Intercooler Charge Pipe

This should give me additional power and sound of the engine that I can mostly hear.

In about 10,000 more miles I will change the tires to Michelin PSS and in 25,000 miles will change the wheels to Apex wheels -> 18x9.5" ET58 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

Most of the above (similar) mods have been also done to my wife 128i convertible with 80K miles and she is happily driving it. I took her 128i on a trip through the mountains to Reno/South Lake Tahoe. I have driven about 20 times that same route, the drive in the 128i was the best of the lot. So what I am trying to say is that Andrew's advice is totally working for me.

BTW I will NOT be changing the exhaust on the 228i since I am too old to drive a loud car.

Hope this helps...
Wow, those are some hardcore mods!! So much for emissions regs! How are you going to negotiate that when it comes to warranty service? Do not delay with those PSSes or you will not feel anything like the full driving benefits of all that work you've done! Congrats on an uncompromising setup for the 228; they really can be made to fly.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0