View Single Post
      07-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #54
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantTea View Post
A car that feels ALIVE on the highway is horrible thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyracer View Post
Although I would clarify the last remark to say you wouldn't want a daily driver or commuter car to feel too "alive" on the highway...

...The "dead zone" referred to by DistantTea is a separate issue although I suspect it is related to the same cause. It also bothers me intensely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Wanted to throw this out there: "Some say" that replacing the LCA (lower control arm) makes a vast improvement to the steering. Has anyone done this and care to comment?

Respectfully but strongly disagree with the "alive" comments. The LCA swap I did was intended to accomplish bringing such life to the steering and eliminate the dead on-center zone, and it did just that to my great delight. Single best mod I've done. The car can almost read my mind...think about the next lane, and I'm on the way over...the car feels like an extension of me, rather than a separate entity. Love it for daily driving!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 07-13-2019 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0