View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 06:12 AM   #6
GrimJaw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtl32 View Post
Tunes are remarkably hard on cats, especially aftermarket cats that are already much less "functional" (in an emissions sense) than stock. Burbles literally coat the element in gas and melt it as the gas lights off..

You have likely degraded your cat to the point where it is less functional than necessary for the vehicle to register it as properly metabolizing the exhaust. This can be because it just wore out because it's a skimpy high flow aftermarket cat, or you could have beat on it with burbles/tune, or anywhere in between.

I suggest just turning off the emissions monitors on bootmod3. If I were you I would take the cat off and visually inspect to make sure it isn't clogged- a clogged and disintegrating cat can cause particulate junk to back through the turbo/exhaust valves/cylinders causing a lot of damage. More realistically if i was ACTUALLY you I would just take the thing off and go full catless!

Have you noticed any difference in throttle response/driveability lately?
Hey no difference in throttle and now the light turned off on its own. Is it possible that maybe the 5 degree weather the other day just made the sensor screwy?
Appreciate 0