View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianbmw12 View Post
- will my nice pretty blue calipers be trashed from braking hard? I am hoping BMW does something special to handle the heat, but I doubt it.
Yup, no special sauce, they will discolorate when pushed properly, especially with more aggressive pads. They go from nice blue to darker blue to deepsea green to black.

Quote:
- what is a good pad that will hold up to the weight? With MPSS tires.
People have wildly different opinions on pads. I've steered towards endurance racing compounds to get a bit more life with all the weight. 6-7 events on Pagid RS29 was typical.

Quote:
- assume Bmw brake fluid would not hold up?
Yup.

Quote:
- my E46 was easy to turn the nanny controls 100% off. I don't see how to do that in this car. Do you run in sport plus or hold dsc off and run it in normal? I want to be able to slide as much as an Xi will allow anyhow.
Yup, no easy option to turn everything off. DSC off allows for more sliding than Sport+. Plus it still retains the linear throttle mapping from normal mode. On the RWD it still keeps some torque vectoring (BMW calls this eLSD or something), but that's way less intrusive than TC. Not sure on the xdrive.
Appreciate 1