06-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #73
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
Not to derail the topic, but it seems a lot are following this thread, so here is my situation.

My HR springs were installed a little over a week ago. Now the front driver strut is leaking. Having had a previous installer (local dive garage) attempt a spring install, they damaged the strut and so they replaced it. This time, I had the springs professionally installed - but it appears to have caused the same issue. The second installer is a professional shop, insured, etc.

This causes a few questions to see if anyone here knows or has advice.

1) Has anyone had this happen as well? If so, to what strut(s)? How did you go about fixing?

2) Recommendations for a permanent fix? Going back to OEM ride is not an option, I did not care for it (too bouncy, unsettled).

3) If I move to coils or Bilstein struts with the HRs, do I need to do anything to make sure the EDC does not throw an error code? If so, what is required? Afterwards, can I still hit sport/sport+ to control the transmission/steering portions of the ride control?

4) If full coils are the only recommended solution, I assume the same EDC problem remains. What coil sets would offer a ride as nice as the HR/OEM struts w/o becoming race car hard?

At this point, the car has been into a shop four times during this whole process and I can't stand that it is coming up again. I find it hard to believe HR would sell springs that could cause this, but I also doubt that it would happen twice to the same car in the same strut (each strut was new, OEM) after lowering. Especially when so many have done this with no negative effects.

Thoughts / help?
What type of damage?

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0