Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
On my wife's Audi A3 it stays in whatever mode you last had it in when you shut off the car, which is really nice. If Audi can do it you would think BMW could too.

That's not surprising, each company have difference standards and internal rules to determine how much liability they are willing to expose themselves to.

For instance, BMW decodes the built in rear fogs for US spec cars but Audi freely keeps that option on all they US vehicles. Reason is the potential liability one is willing to expose over the other.

If you every notice also, BMW turn signals on all US spec vehicles are red but the rest of the world it's amber for the same exact vehicle.

I know it sounds like a apples to oranges comparison to your Sport+ memory question but my point being is that it all stems from how litigious a manufacture choose to be.
yeah I had heard that about the turn signals too and starting noticing all the cars recently in the US with the yellow ones and was like WTF? I really don't mind the red ones but combine that with things like the rear fogs not having a switch and needing to be coded to turn on, and it seems BMW definitely errs on the side of caution. I imagine they feel they have gotten burned one too many times in lawsuits.
Appreciate 0