01-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #13
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
The volume control on my iPhone 6 works to adjust input volume over Bluetooth on our M240i.
That's because your iPhone 6, or any other device that is using Bluetooth ( mecodoug ) , is actually sending digital instructions to increase or decrease volume at the terminus end of the half-duplex Bluetooth signal -- IOW, your HU. That volume could be input gain, pre-amp gain, power-amp gain, or master volume -- all that is determined by the audio processor, NOT the source device, when Bluetooth is in use. Basically, Bluetooth is transmitting the same kind of digital instruction as it does when you skip a song or answer a call.

For reference: the most common cause of low-volume issues in mobile phones is some of the attenuation functions that exist in music software: things like the "Limit Max Music Volume" (or somesuch) option in iTunes. For those having volume issues over Bluetooth, re-pair the devices first, then make sure these attenuation functions are all turned off. 9 times out of 10, those two things solve the issue.
Appreciate 0