Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatisntnow View Post
Yeah, you can just take the locating pin off and it would work ok, but i followed the BMW dealer protocol for installation which cuts the pipe for whatever reason. They must have some logic behind doing it that way, even if its just a put off for people doing DIY I guess you have more freedom to go shorter on the adjustment if need be without having an odd looking double walled pipe. But as a means of being functional, it would be 100% fine.

With regards to the tips, i personally prefer the black to the m-perf chrome. Mine aren't in great shape admittedly, but you'll know yourself how much road salt we see in winter. I did rub them down with a bit of oil, but some pitting is inevitable.

Hope your install goes smoothly. Getting the new one on really is the hardest part, but pushing it as mentioned really takes the pain out of doing it.
Sorry, I'm confused. Can I just swap out my stock diffuser (I have the M performance exhaust with stock diffuser) for the M performance diffuser without cutting the pipes? I'm not sure what's different between the stock diffuser and the M performance one.
Appreciate 0