Nyorky2428
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctemkin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynth2697 View Post
I hate, despise, loathe the back-up camera on my 240i and find it distracting at best and destructive at worse. Having driven several million miles in my life, largely without issue, to find even simple parking with no cars near me has been a nightmare. Am I the only one?
I think that the camera works pretty well. What I think does not work properly is the sensor system. It starts howling like a monkey while the car is too far from the curb, but is typically silent when the wheels are about to get dinged by a curb. In addition, the passenger side view mirror tilts down when the car is in reverse, but does not also come a little closer to the car and therefore does not provide a decent view of where the curb is. My only success in overcoming this has been to set the parameters for driver position number 2 the same as for driver number 1, except that the passenger mirror is more angled toward the car. So when I am ready to park, I switch the driver position to #2.

I have had no such issues with other cars. While I dearly love my 240i, this is one of the few things I hate.
You can code the camera angle to tilt down farther, if that would help your situation
Appreciate 0