Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyrx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
I have not noticed the drop in torque, but maybe more of a lull. I have noticed the sudden pull especially when accelerating around 2K-2.5K rpm. It reminds me of the slight turbo lag on my old Porsche. I mentioned this to Dinan as well. It's funny though, once you know what to expect, you start unconsciously developing/managing the issue through pedal pressure. I am going to try placing cruise control on over some hills and see what happens.

I am still happy with this tune...more power for the 230i and no error codes. Probably right to close this thread.
I'm curious with your results. I have 2 steep hills on my way to and from work. If I have cruise on with the car set to comfort mode it accelerates hard and lets off over and over on the hills. The rapid increase of torque causes it to overshoot the set 55mph and it lets go. Then it will smoothly accelerate again as it hits ~54mph and overshoots again in the same way. You can also replicate it if you increase the set speed by 10mph or more quickly with the steering wheel control. It will accelerate smoothly then suddenly pull hard and then back off again.

One thing I found interesting, I recently installed the free flow exhaust and it smoothed out a little.. But only a little.
Just got the Dinan Elite V2 installed in my 2017 230i and I'm experiencing a similar surge of power between 2.5-3k at 40-50% pedal pressure.

I'll call Dinan tomorrow to give them more data while they work on a solution.
I got an email from them yesterday. They have a pretty good idea of what's causing the issue and we are scheduling a date to loan them my car again early next month to sort it out. I'll update once I know more. A fix should be on the way in a few weeks though
Appreciate 0