Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hz101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
That's really odd for the tune to be causing ignition problems. The only thing that comes to mind is something not connected fully on the power or ground side. Did you try it with the tune installed but set in bypass mode through the app? If that doesn't solve the problem then it isn't the tune, it is the wiring somehow. Everyone else I have found that is having an issue with the kit is related to basically a flat spot in the tune that causes the engine to flutter several times between 2000-3000rpm under moderate to heavy acceleration. They are still working the issue and I'll update the post as soon as I hear anything else. If your issue isn't resolved by checking all the connections then I would reach out to DINAN. They have been very helpful and forthcoming in assisting with my issue. Good luck!
I haven't had the issue you described. My SA did say he has seen lots of issues with Dinan lately. It could be because of their move to the new location. But anyway I didn't try it in bypass mode. My dealer will just work with Dinan to get this fixed if I want to keep the tune, which I am still deciding as I really don't want to deal with any Dinan issues in the future or risk voiding my factory warranty.
Wow that's awesome that your dealer is at least working on it with you. I called both dealers within 250miles of me, and both said that if I had a tune on my car then it would void the engine and drive train warranty on the spot... So I have to remove it every time it goes in for service and then clear the codes out of the history for the unrecognized ECU. Hope you get yours figured out.
Appreciate 0