08-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #65
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyratOne View Post
M235i will beat 1m on ring if mboss says it will. Car NOW to satisfy those who couldn't/didn't get 1m. Now BMW can say "here you go, here's your car that 'better' than the 1m"

My $0.02 is that there will be M2 in a couple years. My guess i4, screaming turbo, light and very quick. CSL? A game changer (again). Spiritual Successor to 2002turbo?

People may say " why should I buy an i4 when I have (or can get used) an i6 m235?" That's why it will have to be a great car, to satisfy those who want smaller dynamic car 'better' than m235i. And so, BMW creates constant desire for the next thing

YEAHHHHHHHH BOYEEEEEEEEEE! (flavor flav voice).

I totally agree. Shave 150-200 lbs off the weight of a 235, carbon fiber roof, lighter glass.. unique interior... perhaps even a CSL treatment... And if BMW wants to keep the M3/M4 exclusive and ensure it is the most popular M car in the lineup (with respect to brand marketing and sales) then the best way to do that is to use a 4 cylinder motor and all the people who hate the idea of it not coming with a 6 cylinder can mod their 235 to their heart's delight) or spend another 15K for an M3/4.

The idea of an M2 in my mind would be for it simply SMOKE a 1M. We know their goal is to make the 235i quicker around a track than the 1M.. not hard... but then up the game more and make the M2 a serious sports car.
Appreciate 0