View Single Post
      08-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #23
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrow7xx View Post
I bought a car that was promised in perfect working order and 2 hours later it was abundantly clear it is not in perfect working order.

Driving home 4 hours down interstate 95 with no right tail light was not exactly a positive situation to find yourself in after paying a dealer 26 thousand US dollars...right I mean wouldn't you expect the car to work properly immediately off their lot? After being assured repeatedly it passed every safety inspection with flying colors? You don't find that the slightest bit dishonest?

I'm not rich this car basically cost every penny I have and no it doesn't have a warranty!

When someone is asking about how much it's going to cost to fix a problem it's probably because they are going to have to write a personal check for the expenses not claim it under warranty. Car is at 57,000 miles and the warranty ended at 50,000 so all parts and labor now get added to purchase cost.
You share in the blame here.

1) You allowed the dealer to push you without doing a thorough inspection of the car.

2) You bought a used BMW out of warranty.

3) You bought a used BMW out of warranty and it "cost every penny" you have. That is a monumental mistake. If you don't have AT LEAST $5K sitting in a rainy day fund to cover a repair, you could be in for a world of hurt with this car, especially xdrive which has known issues with the front differential/transfer case.

Call the selling dealer and see what they'll do for you, but be prepared for them to tell you the car was sold as used and as is. This car was very likely bought at auction. Your next option is to go to BMW and see if they'll goodwill warranty it. Your last option is to buy a new or used taillight.