View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Looking at your 1/4 mile trap speeds, mods, and location, it looks like you were running in some pretty hot and humid Florida August air. Also, since that other M235 auto did 113mph with race gas, it looks like your M235 was suffering from a good bit of heat soak, possible detonation/knock, and power reduction. I imagine running in cooler and drier air will put you in the 111-113mph range as well.

You 60 foots don't sound great either given your 1/4 mile times. Looks like a lot of spin off the line.

What were your 60 foots? I'm guessing upper 2.2s to 2.3s, possibly worse.

What rpm do you shift at?

Ehhhh, I was cutting 2.0 60fts, he was hitting 1.9 (which for every 10th, it's about 2 seconds off the ET) The Auto also was pretty consistent with his times.

But we did do multiple runs back to back - so I don't doubt there was some heat soak. In fact, one run the car stumbled...like hesitated/paused in the middle of 3rd - I hit 13.2 @ 105 on that run.
I shifted at about 6800RPM in 1st - 6500RPM 2nd and held as long as I could for 3rd.

All said and done, I think I ran 7 times. And from what I've seen here, these mods, zero prep and running a JB4/Manual, I'm in line or quicker than most.
Appreciate 0