View Single Post
      04-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #15
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Just got back from my test drive. First of all it looks great. The car was AW over black leather, manual, and fitted with the black grills, M Performance stickers, and rocker panel blades.

I took it for a short drive, maybe about 20 minutes. The shifter is great. It is short throw and feels really good. Pedal position was good as I didn't have any trouble with heel and toe. Good acceleration, very similar to my 335i - it's the same engine so no surpirses there. However, even with the extra HP and torque, it didn't feel that much faster than my 335i wich was a bit disappointing.

There is no temp guage which is odd. On the idrive screen it had guages for HP and TQ levels. Fun I guess but not useful.

Steering is a bit numb just like the R&T reviews said. You don't get much if any feedback through the wheel. Steering is precise though and overall felt ok. I don't think I wouldn't buy the car because of it.

Seats are comfortable. Very similar to the 335i. The side bolsters on the 335i might be a bit more supportive.

Is the exhaust note pumped in to the cabin? My salesperson wasn't sure but said he didn't think so. If it is I couldn't tell. The car is pretty quiet but does make a good sound under hard acceleration. I didn't expect it to be super engaging (i.e. E46 M3) but it seems like it would be a good compromise as a DD and HPDE car.

Overall it's a good car. I still might lease one but I am going to wait until the LSD is available. My salesperson said he looked into it and didn't see that it was available yet. The dealership GM (who I am friends with) told me there was a bulletin on it and that he didn't remember what it said but would check on it for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0