View Single Post
      04-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #114
Expert@ApexWheels
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesjedi View Post
Great thread. What would work for a 2015 m235i track edition with regards to the widest rubber that will fit in 18’s? I’m thinking 8.5/9x18 or 8.5/9.5x18. Thanks.
Thanks! I generally recommend our staggered setup with either an 18x8.5 ET35/38 wheel or ET45+5mm spacer up front and an 18x9.5 ET58 in the rear. If you are maximizing tire width, you will want to run a 265/35-18 in the rear which will require either a 5mm spacer or trimming your shock dust boot and fender liner to prevent rubbing. The ET58 wheel was made for the high offsets of the 1 series originally, but works well in this application with the 5mm spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Same! Let me know what you decide, but it’s the ARC8s or FL5s in bronze for me so far.
Our FL-5s are a great choice in many cases and can work on these cars if you are running a square 18x8.5 ET35 setup front and rear, but we don't offer the higher offsets for the rear fitment in our FL-5 design. The 1 and 2 series specific staggered offsets are only available in our ARC-8, EC-7, and forged EC-7R designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD11937 View Post
@Expert@ApexRaceParts would you guys ever be interested in developing an aerodisc like product that could be fitted to some of your existing wheels?
No plans for this currently but I was discussing this half-joking with my colleague. The subject came up when we were discussing Tesla wheels as some of those Tesla guys really care about the aerodynamics of their wheelsets. The initial problem I see is that we would want them to be functional and actually help with aero, but the CFD and development/engineering costs would be really high for a product like this on a per-unit basis with a very small proportion of our customers interested in these products. I don't think we will be pursuing them, but who knows what the future holds?

-Tom