View Single Post
      07-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #23
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Foxwell Temps (photo atached)

OK - I would like to correct myself from prior post. I finally got around to hooking up the Foxwell and comparing the Coolant Temps to the OIL Temps.
I started out by hooking up the Foxwell to see if it could read out Transmission oil temps & yes it can read live data temps necessary to properly change the AT Fluid ( will chance out 55-60K). Then I cleared the Engine Oil and Vehicle Check using the Car not the Foxwell & then back to the Foxwell to reset the brake fluid that I actually changed a while back.
Once I found the LIVE Engine data on the Foxwell I selected the Coolant Temp & Oil Temps . I had previously been using an OBD Adapter and reading Engine Temps (I thought to be OIL Temp but now I am certain it was Coolant Temps). The error of my ways . Reading the Foxwell I saw the engine oil temp start out as 235F. This was after about 10 min idle. Went for a speedy drive through back country and only found a max of 236F just as I started out followed by drop as I ran at high speed for the next 20min.
So - yes 240-250F temps are possible and are the norm (tracking) and for my speedy drives -- looks like the oil cooler kicks in around 236F. The attached photo is after I cooled down for 3 min and put the car in the garage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
amw896582.50