View Single Post
      12-01-2023, 11:42 AM   #13
dahozzman
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Duc View Post
Any updates on this? I've got a pair of similar seats out of a 2012 650i F13 I'm trying to get working for an older car. I've tried powering the pin 1 solid red, Pin 15 Red/Brown and all of the brown wires to -12v negative and I get no movement from any of the switches. I've tried the switches right after making the power connection so its not timing out due to lack of CAN signal. I'm starting to think my seat modules might be bad...

Attached is a pin diagram I made identifying the color and function of each pin, there are a few I've still yet to identify. Also noted the color difference for driver's side vs passenger side.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: After some thought I was wondering if the seats had some sort of orientation sensor, I had the seats laying on their backs so I could access the wires on the bottom. I powered the seats while in the upright position and it looks like all the power seat functions work!! Need to play around with it some more, but I have to go and wanted to update before anyone wasted anytime.
Add Pin 15 is constant +12V, Pin 15 is Ground, Pin5 is CAN High that needs to connect to the output of a Square Wave Generator (powered by +5V max so will need a step down converter to feed it), Pin 6 Ground.
Appreciate 0