2turboswervo
Rep
Drives: Bmw 230i xdrive convertible

Garage List
2018   [0.00]
bmw 230i convertib ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I would be very surprised if your car is not electronically limited to 130mph as most non-M235/M240 cars came with all season tires thus BMW limited those to 130mph. The M235/240 are limited to 155mph assuming the car came with summer tires. In the VERY rare chance that your 230 xdrive convertible somehow came with summer tires, it would be electronically limited to 149mph.

You can remove the top limiter through various flash tuners, but your 230 won't go much past 150mph, if anything. Your car needs a ton more power to even go 170mph. A stock M235/M240 RWD hardtop will do lower 170s with the limited removed.

As for driving like this on US public roads, I wouldn't. Our roads aren't designed for this type of speed. A small bump, rut, etc. can cause a total loss of control and very likely death to you and others around you if you lose control at very high speeds. If you are caught driving at speeds like this, you're going to jail. If you hurt someone, you're going to prison for a long time. Roads like the Autobahn are well maintained, nearly glass smooth, and specifically designed for high speed running. US highways are not.
I have the video if you would like to check it out it was weird i couldnt get the car past 130 and then i tossed it in manual got it past 130 then threw it back in automatic and my car after that was pushing higher so i decided to start recording and i used my whole speedometer up to 160. Can i dm anywhere on here? If not go to instagram and look up 2turboswervo
Appreciate 0