View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #12
Bassman79
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Last winter, I did a big slide in the middle of a busy intersection. It was not fun.

Edit: Because how rare it snows here, most people don't have winter tires. If there's an emergency and I am able to stop in time, the person behind be will not be able to stop.
I think based on these two points, you probably have your answer. Doing slides in an intersection is pretty terrifying. I see it all the time here in Denver with people coming up to a red light. The money spent on these tires is worth the piece of mind, and you just end up extending the life of your other tires, so really the cost is very minimal (the only cost being the extra wheels you buy or the cost to swap tires). And you also probably don't want to be the person sliding into other people like you mention in your Edit comment.

Check out tirerack for wheels that fit, and then go buy them on tirerack or any other site, or pick up used examples. Or, just use your stock wheels and swap tires every season. I bought used wheels off of craigslist based on what tirerack said would fit my car, and it's worked out great.
Appreciate 1
MassNerd171.00