View Single Post
      09-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #31
seansurfn2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlewis23 View Post
Thanks Ive also yet to come across anyone who has as many miles as I do. The car has really been solid since I have had it other then this big issue. lol.

I went to 3 different places to get some quotes today and its a full engine out service with the head gasket being replaced along with all the seals for the front of the motor and a few other small bits. Get's billed at 26 hours for a total of $6000 from all 3 places I went to. One shop wants to basically rebuild the head in that $6000 quote. So this is really going to suck. it's a good thing that I really do like the car and don't know what else I would go to.

I attached a picture from the amount I took yesterday with some notes thats further back.

It's defiantly not the valve cover from any part I can see. You can see in the picture I attached here that the cover is dry and the aluminum below is very clean.

Going to head to a couple more shops tomorrow to get estimates on what they might think it would cost to repair. I really want it to done right so I can go another 130k with no issues.
dude 6000 bucks? learn to fix it yourself and pay only for a new valve cover gasket. 26 hours of labor? lol engine swaps dont even take that many hours thats stupid af
Appreciate 0