06-28-2018, 02:24 PM   #10
K8_M235i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
Looks like a fun track. Not sure if you've seen this but this guy seems to have a really good line for a lot of that track.

I have seen that video. The line does look good. He stays a lot wider after turn 2 which I thought made it tough to come in straight to the section with curbing on the left and then right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
With the car set up that way, what was your perception of the car's tendency to understeer?

Re COMSCC (https://www.comscc.org/) and good lines: I ran with that time trial club for a number of years and the drivers take the club's motto of "It's all about the fast lap!" VERY seriously.

Many COM drivers get the most out of their cars, and there's genuine talent behind some of the wheels, too. I recommend that club very highly for learning to be a better and a faster driver.
Understeer wasn't bad. I had the rear end come come out a couple times coming over the little ridge on the second to last turn. My front left tire is
definitely feeling some pain on the outer sidewall. The course has way more hard right handers than left, and I also did run them pretty low. Camber coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_and View Post
Yes, it seems like most of the videos where drivers had good lap times at that track was with COMSCC. I found a video of a guy in an E36 that put down a 1:04 at that track but I like the line on that miata better. (they both rowed some gears throughout the lap) Sounds like OP knows what group to run with now!
Jake Wile, the guy whose shop I bring my car to, runs with COM. I think he is also the one you're talking about with the e36 lap. He's a very good driver. I would love to run with them after I get some more laid back track days under my belt.
1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 0