View Single Post
      10-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #21
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

OK, here's my contribution. I started with the F30 BSW Bimmertech tune, which I agree sounds immediately more interesting than any of the F22 tunes, and tweaked it a little. I raised the sub crossover point a bit, and added a mild roll-off to the top end to tame the tweeters. Finally, I matched the time alignment to the F22 tune, although I tweaked that a little too to get the front imaging better [EDIT: perhaps a little right-biased... will fix when I have time...] It's still lacking in the mid-range, but I think that's a limitation of the speakers. It may also still be a bit bright for some people, but I like that. I left the center speaker on but at a lower level because I decided the sound stage was just a bit too wide without it. I pushed the levels a little, but it's loud enough for me. I haven't triggered any chimes, though, so YMMV. I'll play with it some more over the weekend, to try to get a bit more tone in the midrange, but I suspect I may be ordering some Eton B100Ws before the month is out.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SimonEves_F22_HK_101316.afpx.pdf (1.9 KB, 429 views)

Last edited by simoneves; 10-13-2016 at 06:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
Zooks527309.50