10-10-2016, 10:19 PM   #19
Tony88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneves View Post
Hurrah! Somebody else who is disappointed!

I bought an amp about six months ago, but for various reasons (mainly my laziness) I only just got around to installing it (with a few mechanical issues - see the other thread) and I too, am extremely disappointed with the "default" sound using the Bimmertech tunes (either of them).

It's all middle with a big hole in the mid-bass and no sparkle, especially at low volume. If I'm being generous, maybe it sounds a *touch* better if you crank it, and maybe what is there has a bit more clarity and authority, but perhaps that is just as much to do with the Technic ASD bypass harness I installed at the same time.

The overall EQ as it stands is horrible and not at all nice to listen to. The OEM amp sound, while unrefined, was more pleasing to listen to by default, and frankly, I almost preferred the sound with the new amp reset to completely flat (!) although I didn't leave it like that as I didn't want to fry any speakers due to the lack of crossover filtering.

When I pointed this out to Bimmertech, they just suggested that I play with the settings myself to make it sound how I wanted. I said that wasn't the point! I had bought what was advertised as a turn-key solution, and I deliberately waited until they'd done the F22 HK tune before I did so. They had no excuse.

Come on, people. Speak up. Who has a tune that they're truly happy with? Or is this just the Emperor's New Clothes...?
Alright good news! I've been playing with this a little more and now that I finally figured out how to change file types (Windows 10 doesn't allow you to change types by default ) I downloaded the F30 BSW bimmertech tune from up above and what a world of difference that makes! I don't know what the bimmertech guys were thinking when they did the F22 tune but its just flat out terrible compared to the F30 tune. So I don't care if you say F30 tunes are worthless on the F22, it took this very disappointed customer and made him

I did amp up the gain on all channels a bit just because I want all the volume I can get but didn't go too crazy. Why is this system still fairly quiet?
Appreciate 0