10-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #18
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony88 View Post
So has anyone come up with some better tunes here? The bimmer-tech tunes for the HK system are awful. Right now I'm not very happy with my $1,000 investment if even the guys selling the amp only make it sound worse than stock!

I spent a few hours playing with the software which made it a bit better but I'm no professional
Hurrah! Somebody else who is disappointed!

I bought an amp about six months ago, but for various reasons (mainly my laziness) I only just got around to installing it (with a few mechanical issues - see the other thread) and I too, am extremely disappointed with the "default" sound using the Bimmertech tunes (either of them).

It's all middle with a big hole in the mid-bass and no sparkle, especially at low volume. If I'm being generous, maybe it sounds a *touch* better if you crank it, and maybe what is there has a bit more clarity and authority, but perhaps that is just as much to do with the Technic ASD bypass harness I installed at the same time.

The overall EQ as it stands is horrible and not at all nice to listen to. The OEM amp sound, while unrefined, was more pleasing to listen to by default, and frankly, I almost preferred the sound with the new amp reset to completely flat (!) although I didn't leave it like that as I didn't want to fry any speakers due to the lack of crossover filtering.

When I pointed this out to Bimmertech, they just suggested that I play with the settings myself to make it sound how I wanted. I said that wasn't the point! I had bought what was advertised as a turn-key solution, and I deliberately waited until they'd done the F22 HK tune before I did so. They had no excuse.

Come on, people. Speak up. Who has a tune that they're truly happy with? Or is this just the Emperor's New Clothes...?
Appreciate 0