View Single Post
      02-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #35
gpburdell
Private
Rep
Drives: EBII M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
Any particular reason you're against Global Imports? That's the one I was planning to take mine to once it needed servicing (closest to me), but I don't know much about them. Bad experience?
Global has always had a bad reputation on the sales side compared to other dealers.

On the service side. A friend of mine had an issue on a new car from them two years ago. The engine got destroyed from a coolant leak in less than a year. Global said it was my friend's fault even though there was no accident or damage. After weeks of going back and forth, they got a corporate tech to inspect the car. The tech found that a hose/plug failed.

Also, a couple months ago I lost a tire to a pot hole. I wound up having the car towed to Global to have the tire replaced. After getting the car back, another tire is losing pressure every couple days and find a screw in it that can't be patched.

Probably coincidence, but seemed odd to me. I wound up buying a new tire from tire rack and had it installed somewhere else.
Appreciate 1