View Single Post
      07-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

Seeking some advice on Random orbital polishing and Waxes...

I am new to Random orbital polishing and still learning so sorry if my questions sound like a noob.

I recently Polished the entire passenger side of my car(ran out of time to do the rest) I applied polish and Glaze followed by some Wax. I felt like i was rushed and looking at the paint in the sun, its not bad but its not as good as the job i did on the Hood i would say.
Now when i did polish out the scratches on the hood, I had a fair bit of time to do it which is why it probally came out really well.

My Question is, If i want to Re-polish the work i did(passenger side of the vehicle) Can i polish to remove the Wax I have applied? If so will any abrassive polish work? do i need to wash the car with certain product?

When i polished My hood, I used Meguiars Ultimate Compound, Followed by Autoglym Super Resin polish, Followed by Chemical Guys EZ Cream Glaze. I used the first 2 products because i had them laying around and the Hood was badly scratched. i dont believe the AGSRP is very abrassive tho - Is this a good approach to minor swirls/scratches or can it be accomplished in fewer steps with a different product?

Last question - How do you Polish swirls from a Wrap? I have the Roof Wrapped in Gloss black on my car, I was wondering how i go about on bringing the Deep Gloss Black shine to it and if possible removing the swirls?

Any help or insight would be great. Looking to do this on saturday at work as having a hoist will be much nicer on my back
Appreciate 0