View Single Post
      05-14-2022, 03:23 PM   #21
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I understand what you're saying, however I'm not talking about most buyers. I'm talking about myself, a savvy shopper, and others who are knowledgeable about the process.

After a test drive of course a sales person will ask me those questions. My response? "I'll think about it", and I walk out of the dealer. What are they going to do? Tackle me and chain me to their desk until they get through their sales process?

You ask why do we NEED a dealership experience. I said multiple times that me, as a savvy shopper, can leverage the competitive dealership network to get a great deal. Like I said before, I saved over $10k between the 2 cars I was shopping for by simply email blasting 20 dealers and going with the one that offered the best deal.

I know EXACTLY what I want and I detail that in my email. I know the exact configuration I want, what my credit score is, if I want to lease, finance, or pay cash. If I'm leasing I know beforehand what the residual value and money factors are, I know what "good" deals in for the car in question in my local market are. If I'm financing I know what the base apr is. At that point the ball is in their court and they simply have to answer a yes/no question. It's literally that simple for me to save thousands of dollars. And THIS is what I'll lose out on by going with a direct sales method.

Like I said before, most consumers won't have this experience and that's because they're not willing to put in the legwork. For those I agree, the convenience and hassle-free experience of direct sales makes sense.

However for a savvy shopper, the process can be about as convenient as direct sales, while in the process savings thousands.
100% agree with you. I’m still getting 5-10% off MSRP at my BMW dealer. Would obviously be impossible to get with Tesla, Rivian etc.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317945.00