05-14-2022, 01:41 PM   #15
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Not necessarily though. I received my model 3 about a month or so now and i ordered it through the website. It took a couple of months for it to get built and when it was done, i went right to the dealer and did NOTHING. The car was in a parking spot waiting for me and all i did was sign a couple of papers at the front desk, basically acknowledging that i came to pick up the car. Similar to someone just going to the dealer to pick up plates for your new car. You go to the front desk, sign a paper and you get your plates. That was my tesla experience. I did not need a test drive as i have a couple of friends with model 3 performances so i knew how it was.

You might or might not be right on tesla service. I do not know on that part but the buying experience for tesla has been easier than going to walmart to get a pair of socks.

This is why i am saying what i said. That tesla experience, is what future car buying should be. We do NOT need a dealership. They are just there to store the cars, and have a person give you a key to test drive and "talk" about it. Then you have to meet with the finance guy and of course he wants to sell you a bunch of shit for his own pocket.

We do not need that.

We should go on the site, pick the model we want, the color, the options, the other stuff protection plans, extended warranty etc, ALL ON THE WEBSITE. Then go pick up the car somewhere or have a 3rd party come to your house, pay a fee for them to go, whether you buy the car or not, and if you do, you sign the papers and the person leaves. Done deal. No hassling. No extra shit. No buy this and buy that.

It's 80k M3, maybe 250 bucks for the person to go to your house for a test drive, non refundable 250. You say no to the car, they keep the 250. You say yes, you still pay the 250 but you also got the car for exactly 80k, as marked on the website. No other fees or nonsense. Delivery person makes his money (250 for example), you get your car. Done.

That should be the future.
Your Tesla experience was similar to my BMW experience. The only difference was I did a bit of research and then mass emailed dealers. So by that admission, yes it was slightly more work... but that slightly more work meant I paid over $10k less between the 2 cars I ordered. I don't know about you, but over $10k in savings is worth a bit of legwork.

The only time I stepped into the dealer was to take delivery of my car. They already knew I wasn't planning to buy any extras, so the process between signing the final paperwork and getting the keys was about 20 minutes.

I realize this may not be the typical buying experience, but like I said before, if you're savvy enough, the dealership experience can be about as convenient as direct sales, while enjoying thousands in savings.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0